TinySort just had a major release to v2. The jQuery dependency is now removed. So it is not a jQuery plugin anymore but a ‘standalone’ script without dependencies. It is also a fraction smaller and a bit faster.
TinySort now also has AMD support and it’s on CDN.
Recently I migrated TinySort from Google Code to Github. I’m a real Git noob so I expected a full history migration to be a real pain in the ass. Plus I also wanted to move both the open and closed issues (since they correspond to the regression tests). Luckily it turned out to be a lot easier than I anticipated.
Ever since I changed ronvalstar.nl into something more comfortable I wanted to give ronvalstar.nl a quick haulover (change it into the same style, revise structure and content, upgrade from WordPress 2.3 to 2.8… etc…). So I just did but it’s still bit of a mess, I’ll get to that someday…
I made a new cool jQuery plugin while I was at it. At first I wanted to incorporate the Last.fm quilt widget. But the simplicity of the widget into another Flash overkill made me reconsider: this could easily be done with jQuery and not only for Last.fm.
I’m not so good at languages. I mean real languages, not programming languages (those are easy). I’m going to a Croatian course but you have to get a big vocabulary to really say something more substantial than ‘one beer please’. Learning words from books is not really my cup of tea so I thought I’d make something online to practice. Using jQuery and Google-language I conjured up a little page. On it you can add words to categories that are saved as a cookie on your computer.
The only weird thing is that Google-language sometimes translates stuff quite weirdly. For instance: I wanted to add the word ‘bear’ to it from Dutch to Croatian. It returned ‘pivo’ (Croatian for beer) probably because the Dutch word for ‘bear’ is ‘beer’. So I tried it the other way around: I know ‘bear’ is ‘medvjed’ in Croatian. It translated that into the Dutch word ‘dragen’ (which is to carry or to bear). At first I thought Google had made another Hungarian phrasebook but obviously it first translates any languages to English before translating it into another. If you put in full sentences it mostly comes out right though.
Initially I made it Dutch-Croatian, but my girlfriend is learning French, and the girl I share my studio with is learning Spanish so I turned it into an anything-anything eeeh thing.
The Dutch word for blindly-learning-stuff-by-heart is ‘stampen’ (to pound) so I called it stamp-o-matic (still a work in progress).
I’ve made some major changes to SFBrowser. It will now be able to work with other server side languages than PHP.
I also implemented a structure so SFBrowser can be extended with plugins. To show I’ve added two plugins: filetree and imageresize.
Plus a ton of other minor changes: dragging, resizing, caching, cookie support etc…
Before I merge this with the trunk I will need to test and bugfix this version.
If you care to test you can get it here:
Since I use SVN a lot, both for personal and third party code, I decided to give Google Code a try. Starting with jquery.sfbrowser. It’s parked at http://sfbrowser.googlecode.com/.